Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Foundation Collection

Rimmel, Maybelline, Revlon and MAC!

Here are the foundations I have in my makeup collection. All but one are drugstore. I really want to try more high-end brands, however they are just so expensive that I can not justify spending the money.
From L-R: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, NEW Revlon Colourstay Foundation, Rimmel Match Perfection, Maybelline Super Stay Foundation and MAC Pro Longwear Foundation
 RIMMEL - WAKE ME UP FOUNDATION:
402 BRONZE
Easy to control pump
 Rimmel says:
- Reawakens skin with a healthy radiant glow
- Light, moisturising texture
- Leaves skin feeling soft
- Flawless natural finish
- Visible anti-fatigue effect with peptides and a vitamin moisturising complex
- Available in 5 shades
- SPF 15
My verdict:
- 3/5
- Easy to blend
- Nice radiant glow
- Medium coverage
- Dewy finish
- Personally I can see the sparkles in the foundation, it is especially visible in natural sunlight. I don't like wearing it out during the day because of that.
- I get oily half way through the day
- Lasts for about 4 hours
- Thin consistency

Maybelline: SUPER STAY FOUNDATION 16 hour wear
I hate the fact that it doesn't have a pump
True Beige

 Maybelline says:
- 24 HOUR wear
- Medium Coverage
- SPF 19
- Looks naturally flawless all day
- Microflex formula, no transfer
- Oil free, fragrance free, dermatologist tested
- Suitable for all skin types
My Verdict:
- 4/5
- Easy to blend
- Medium to buildable coverage
- Wears for about 8 hours
- Minimal transfer
- Water/sweat resistant
- In between dewy and matter finish
- The only negative about this foundation is the fact it doesn't have a pump!
- Thin - moderately thick in consistency

Rimmel: MATCH PERFECTION FOUNDATION 
300 SAND
 Rimmel says:
- Undetectable in any light
- Light perfection radiance
- Lasts all day
- SPF 18 (random)
- 10 available shades
My Verdict:
- 4/5
- Lasts for about 6-8hours
- Medium to buildable coverage
- Easy to blend
- Thin - moderately thick in consistency  
- Dewy finish
- In regards to the statement that it is undetectable in any light, I totally disagree with that. When wearing this foundation, you ca definitely tell that you are wearing make up.
- Easy control pump
- I start to get oily towards the end of the day

NEW! Revlon: COLOURSTAY FOUNDATION
 (If you want to know a bit more about this foundation, scroll down further and read my recent blog entry)

MAC: PRO LONG WEAR FOUNDATION
Easy control lockable pump
As you can tell this foundation has a lot more yellow undertone in comparison to my other foundations, which are more pink. This foundation out of the rest definitely suits my skin tone the best.
MAC says:
- Long wear foundation
- Wears up to 15 hours
- Lightweight and creamy
- Sheer to medium coverage
- Controls Oil
My verdict:
- 5/5
- I love this foundation
- Long wearing - wears pretty much all day that I have it on
- Controls my oil
- Medium to buildable coverage
- In between dewy and matter finish, quite velvety 
- Thin - slightly thick in consistency
- Easy control lockable pump

AND THAT IS ALL :) 

disclaimer: all photos are my own unless stated otherwise 

No comments:

Post a Comment