Saturday, June 1, 2013

When you don't want to cake your face with foundation!

In my make up collection (if you can even call it that), I only have two items I have that I will use on days when I don't want a full face of foundation. One is a tinted moisturiser and the other is considered a BB Cream. And here they are:
From L-R: Garnier BB Cream in Medium, Formula 10.0.6 Tinted Moisturiser
Back view of the products (don't mind how dirty my tinted moisturiser is lol)


Picked it up in the shade Medium
Easy control squeeze tube
Thick in consistency
Blends really well
 Garnier BB CREAM in the shade MEDIUM:
This is my first BB CREAM that I have ever tried, so I can't really compare it to other brands. If you've never heard of BB Creams before it is also known as a few things: a blemish balm, blemish base, beauty balm or a beblesh balm. In the cosmetic market a BB Cream is suppose to be an all in one product (a serum, a moisturiser, a primer, a foundation and sunscreen). It is definitely a popular product in Asian countries and reading up on reviews, many beauty guru's definitely prefer the Korean BB Creams rather than the American released BB Creams. As I said in the beginning, I've never tried other BB Creams before, so I can't really make a good comparison. 

After trying out this product, to me it works out as a tinted moisturiser. I picked this product up at Priceline when they were having a sale on their Garnier products. My boyfriends cousin recommended this product to me so I decided to try it out as it was on sale for AUS$7, it originally retails for AUS$10. As far as I know, Garnier has come out with three BB Cream formulas, one for sensitive skin, one for normal - dry skin and the other for combination oily skin. I picked up the one for normal - dry skin just because the shade medium matched me a lot better than the one for combination - oily skin. 

Garnier says:
- all in one solution
- corrects, protects and unifies your complexion
- long-lasting 24hour hydrating care
- provides flawless, healthy glowing skin
My pros:
- inexpensive
- easy to blend
- evens out my skin tone
- gives me a nice glow
- has SPF 15
- has a squeeze tube
- didn't make me look oily
My cons:
- only has two shades (light and medium)
- once applied it has a sticky finish to it when you touch your face
- does not last long
- has a pink undertone
- there's an obvious scent (I honestly don't mind the smell, it smells quite fruity to me but I prefer my face products to not have a fragrance)
FORMULA 10.0.6 FACE THE DAY TINTED MOISTURISER
Now a tinted moisturiser is pretty much self explanatory, it's a moisturiser that has a little bit of tint to it. If you don't want to purchase a tinted moisturiser you can always make your own at home. Just mix a little bit of your favourite moisturiser and foundation together, and there you have it, your very own tinted moisturiser - and you didn't even have to spend a dime! I discovered this brand a couple of years back, it isn't a brand that everyone has heard of or is familiar with.
Formula 10.06 says:
- SPF 15
- evens out skin tones
- helps keep your skin looking healthy and hydrated with a lasting glow
- has aloe vera and vitamin A
My pros:
- it oxidises and  suits my skin colour
- blends out nicely
- has a squeeze tube
My cons:
- has a sticky finish to it when you touch your face
- has a pink undertone
- doesn't last long
- makes me look oily
- only has one shade
- sold in store without a tester (so you got to risk it when purchasing this item)
- there's an obvious sunblock scent to it

Would I purchase these two products again? I wouldn't mind purchasing these two products again, but they're not products that I would go to the shops to buy immediately if I ran out. I have repurchased the Formula 10.0.6 tinted moisturiser though, because I loved it at one point but I don't love it anymore. . . it's an okay product. So what are your favourite BB Creams/tinted moisturisers? Let me know what ones I should try out!

Til next time guys!

xoxo

disclaimer: all photos are my own unless stated otherwise

No comments:

Post a Comment