Monday, November 21, 2011

Oh "Ben Nye"

In the month of October I was gifted a few of Ben Nye's Matte Foundations by one of my mum's friends (how nice of her right?). For those of you who live in Australia, you would've known about the recent IMATS that was held in Sydney this year. Unfortunately I was unable to attend, however I did know that Ben Nye products were sold throughout the weekend.

Ben Nye, definitely is a brand I had never heard of before, so when I received these I decided to research more on the brand as well as the products. Ben Nye is a professional make up brand that inspires creativity within the art of entertainment. The products and the style of make up that Ben Nye cosmetics promise are suitable for film, theatre and TV (which I thought was amazing!). If you'd like to check out the Ben Nye make up range click here

Here are the products that I received:


 Swatch: Pale English. As you can see this foundation is VERY pink! I am definitely not this colour, however I have decided to use this foundation as a cream blush. It is matte, so there is no sheen, however I do have to set it with a translucent powder and add some highlight too.
 Swatch: Tan Suede. This is another colour that is not suitable for my skin tone. It's way too dark right? lol. So I've decided to use this as a cream bronzer/contour. It glides on smoothly and blends out really well. Just like Pale English, this is a matte product and I have to set with a translucent powder as well.


  Swatch: Warm Olive No. 2. Out of all the matte foundations, I found that this was the closest colour that suited my skin tone. It definitely has a nice warm and olive undertone that goes well with my skin colour. I've only used this a couple of times in the month of October and I've had no problems, with breaking out or having my skin produce more oil. It does apply really easily and blending is no trouble. I like to use this foundation with a traditional foundation brush and then buff it out with a flat top kabuki. It definitely does last a good 6 hours or so.


Swatch: Burnt Almond & Bamboo Medium. These two look quite similar, however the Burnt Almond definitely has a pink undertone, whereas the Bamboo Medium has more of a yellow undertone. Not sure what I will do with the Burnt Almond (I might sell it, if anyone wants it) or just leave it in my make up collection. The Bamboo Medium is quite light for me, so I might use this during winter when I'm a lot lighter.

Honestly, I don't know how much these foundations cost, so I apologize (again, I did not purchase these myself).
I did a little research as to where you can purchase Ben Nye products and I came across a Brand called Gorgeous Cosmetics, which stock Ben Nye. Gorgeous Cosmetic counters can be found at David Jones (for those of you who live in Australia). Not sure where else you can find them, I guess just browse around online....maybe ebay?

Overall: I've enjoyed experimenting with these foundations. I've gained a bronzer and a blush from the collection, which is definitely a WIN for me. If you guys are interested in the Ben Nye matte foundations, I do recommend you try them. They offer a great range of colours, so again if you wanted to see what other products they offer click here

Hope you guys enjoyed this blog. Sorry for it being way too long!

Have a nice day! :)

dearestjoy
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment